Big Medium’s East Austin Studio Tour (EAST) is a free, annual, self-guided art event spanning two weekends in November. EAST provides opportunities for the public to meet the artists and artisans of Austin in their creative spaces.
Please visit the Big Medium Website for a list of Artists, Studios, Galleries, Events and other information.
DANCE + MUSIC + ART | Art 84 is a pop-up exhibition at 84 Waller St. The theme is Dance + Music + Art, but many other works will also be displayed.
For the past three years, Art 84 has participated in the EAST Austin Studio Tours. With COVID-19 restrictions and uncertainties, we still don’t know what 2020 EAST might look like. Please check back for updated information. Below is information and links to artists for our 2017, 2018, and 2019 shows.
Social Media, Videos & Photos:
- 3-part video highlighting Art 84’s Artists, Events, and Music during 2019 EAST
- Conversation/interview with Harrison Marek & Bijoy Goswami about Harrison’s visits to Japan and its influence on his art and interests
- Visit Art 84’s Facebook and Instagram pages to see more videos, photos, etc.
2019 EAST Austin Studio Tour Art 84 Artists
• Melanie Hickerson: melaniehickerson.com(#501)
• Helen Mary Vanston Marek: vanmarek.com (#502)
• Harrison Marek: harrisonmarek.com (#503)
• Luna Davis: instagram.com/@diiscohell (#504)
• Kim Eitze: hennakim.com (#505)
• Justin C Gordon: studiojcg.com (#506)
• Eve Larson: evelarson.com (#507)
• Yoyo Pong: behance.net/Yoyo-Pong (#508)
• Randall Soileau: randallsoileau.com (#509)
• Digital Drawing Room: freeverbs.com (#510)
• Art from the Streets: artfromthestreets.org (#511)
2018 Artists: Thank you to all the artists who participated in Art 84’s 2nd year in the EAST Austin Studio Tour. We celebrated Austin’s love of dance and music through abstract and figurative art by Thierry Bignolet, Cornelius Carter, Valérie Chaussonnet, Linda Dumont, Melanie Hickerson, Emily Hoyt-Weber, Jose Lopez, Helen Mary Vanston Marek, Alicia Philley, Amy Scofield, and Gentleman Dancers (Ben Ruggiero, Ben Lynch & Ryan Vaughn)
Thank you again to the eight wonderful artists who participated in our inaugural
EAST Austin Studio Tour in 2017. Art 84 (aka Gallery 84) | Dance + Music + Art
We celebrated Austin’s love of dance and music through abstract and figurative art by: Caroline Wright, David Garza, Melanie Hickerson, Rhea Pettit, Eric Débris, Helen Mary Vanston Marek, Valérie Chaussonnet, and Jennifer Chenoweth